25 January 2024: Manchester-based The Insights Family, a global leader in kids, parents, and family market intelligence, has announced a significant £5.6 million investment round led by BGF – one of the largest and most experienced growth capital investors in the UK and Ireland.
BGF has invested £5 million in the business, with additional participation from DSW Ventures, – the venture capital arm of Dow Schofield Watts, marking a pivotal step for The Insights Family.
Established in 2017 by Nick Richardson, The Insights Family has revolutionised how global brands and organisations understand the behaviours of young people and their families. Its market-leading platform provides real-time insights and trends, enabling customers to tailor their marketing strategies and foster more effective decision-making. With a client base spanning six continents and 22 countries, including industry giants such as Nike, Warner Bros, Mattel, and LEGO, The Insights Family stands out for its innovative approach to market intelligence.
Nick Richardson, Founder of The Insights Family, said: “We have achieved a lot in a relatively short period but having the support of BGF will enable us to significantly accelerate all parts of our business and to firmly establish ourselves as the global leader in the next generation of market intelligence on the next generation of consumers. Having the backing of an experienced investor such as BGF, is an exciting validation of our commitment to reaching this goal.”
Tom Williams, CEO of The Insights Family, added: “We’re proud to be a trusted partner to customers around the world. Our impressive customer portfolio is continually expanding, and with the additional strategic and financial support from BGF, we’re poised to amplify our growth even further in 2024.”
The investment was spearheaded by Rhys Davenport and Courtney Walker, investors from BGF’s North West team. The DSW Ventures investment was led by Keith Benson.
Rhys Davenport, BGF investor, said: “The Insights Family has emerged as a global authority in market intelligence for kids, teens, parents, and families. We are thrilled to support another outstanding North West business and look forward to collaborating with the team on this next phase of growth.”
- Advisers to BGF: Browne Jacobson (Ryan Brown, Bethany Grummitt, Olivia Barrow), Hurst (Adrian Young, Sarah Haley, Jennifer Escott), SureCloud, Inam Shah, Apex
- Advisers to The Insights Family: Hill Dickinson (Jonathan Gillow, Harriet Adgie, Joel Bailey)
- Advisers to DSW Ventures: Weightmans (Eleanor Baird, Haydn Rogan)
About The Insights Family:
- The Insights Family was founded in 2017 by Nick Richardson
- Having surveyed over 2.3 million kids and parents to date, collecting over 2.7 billion data points, The Insights Family is a global authority in Market Intelligence across the whole family ecosystem.
- The Insights Family’s leading data provides powerful insights and trends for global brands and organizations, enabling them to tailor their strategies and drive more effective decisions.
- The Insights Family has a truly global footprint with data from 22 countries and customers across 6 continents.
- BGF was set up in 2011 and has invested £3.9 billion in over 560 companies, making it the most active investor in the UK.
- BGF is a minority, non-controlling equity partner with a patient outlook on investments, based on shared long-term goals with the management teams it backs.
- BGF invests in growing businesses in the UK and Ireland through its network of 15 offices.
- www.bgf.co.uk / Social media: @BGFinvestments
About DSW Ventures:
- DSW Ventures made its first investment in 2018 and is an investor in early-stage scale-up businesses requiring venture funding of more than £100,000 on a SEIS or EIS basis. DSW Ventures is the trading style of DSW Venture Capital LLP, which is part of the Dow Schofield Watts Group.
- DSW Ventures is a partner in British Business Investments’ £150m Regional Angels Programme, designed to help reduce regional imbalances in access to early stage equity finance for smaller businesses across the UK. British Business Investments is a wholly-owned commercial subsidiary of the British Business Bank, the UK government’s economic development bank.
- Dow Schofield Watts is a UK independent advisory and investment group, headquartered in Warrington, Cheshire and with offices in Manchester, Leeds, Aberdeen and London.